Aspen Institutes’ Business & Society International MBA Case Competition

A big congratulation goes out to the Duquesne team that placed 3rd overall for the Aspen Institutes’ Business & Society International MBA Case Competition! Atalie Hayes, Gregg Gorse, Matt Ebberts, and Andrew Minnotte placed first in the internal round of competition at Duquesne and then had their work submitted to the overall competition. They were one of five business schools chosen to present their recommendations in New York City, where they placed third overall! Over 1,000 students at 25 business schools worldwide challenged themselves with a brand new case study.

This year’s case was authored with the Yale School of Management and the National University of Singapore Business School. Students received log in credentials at noon on Thursday March 21st, and the competition had officially begun. Working all weekend, students stepped into the consulting world for real-life, time-sensitive scenario analysis. A six-page document was then due at 9 am on Monday, March 25th. The papers, judged by Duquesne faculty and regional executives make up 80% of each team’s final score. On Wednesday, all teams presented for 10 minutes to faculty on their recommendations from the case. This score makes up the remaining 20% of the scores.

The internal race at Duquesne was extremely close. After all judges scores were calibrated, two team tied for second place: The team of Derek McMahan, Elizabeth Koppula, and Seth Beck and the team of Morgan Funk, Amanda Putnam, Charlie Leventry, and Daniel Gehrig.

Congratulations again to all of those that participated and especially to the first team from Duquesne to make it to the final round and ultimately third in the world!

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

About these ads

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s